Friday, January 9, 2009

my first blog

Usually, I do my reading and studying in my room, sitting up in bed, instead of sitting properly at the desk. I find this way of studying more comfortable and relaxing, compared to studying in a proper manner, which I found very tense. Either it is in my home back in Alor Star or the student house which I am staying now, I still study in my bed. The bed which I’m sitting now is not really comfortable, unlike the one I have in my home which is very soft and comfy. It is not a luxurious or an expensive type of bed or mattress which makes it very appealing to me, but it is the bedspread, the comforter and the pillows and bolsters on the bed in an air-conditioned room which do it. What’s more, it is located in the best place on Earth, where you can find all the love you need-HOME.. I have lots of made-up philosophies which work for me and one of them is: The more comfy the bed is, the better my exam results will be. It means, the more I love the comfort in studying, the more I study. To me, home and family is love, and with it, anything is possible. After all, it is love that makes the world go round.


At home, mornings never do for me to study or read anything, except the schedule about what’s on TV, especially the mornings which almost turn to afternoons, which is a completely hopeless time for me to even read a sentence in the newspaper as it can never stay in my mind even for a while. I sometimes study during a lazy and calm evening because that is when I get a bit inspired by the comfort of living in my home. The best time when I would get seriously inspired is at night, between 9 p.m. and 12 a.m., when there is no house chores and no task of running for groceries to bother me. When my family or my cats are around me, I would get even more inspired to study hard or to even finish my homework. Here, the only time which urges me to even open my books is when I have no choice but to finish my assignments and when I have tests and exams coming up.


Early this week, I was quite shocked of the course outlines for all subjects I’m required to learn and study. Even I was not really inspired to study hard, I was actually inspired to make sure that this year, I will be able to follow everything the lecturers taught me and be able to score my quizzes, tests, assignments and exams. I just realized that in order to do just that, I have to do the latter.


Last Friday, I went to One Utama to watch the movie Australia for my English subject. I was late for the movie so I didn’t catch the earlier part of it which my friends told me was very funny. I enjoyed the rest of it and I found it quite good. If I have enough allowance left this month, I would probably buy the DVD. When I stayed at home the last semester break, I watched a movie called “Joan’s Ark”. For a long time, I have not any new movies which I really love but that night, I discovered another one. I think I would put the movie Australia in my list of favourite movies too.


I used to have a passion of collecting books of many kinds of genres but one day, when I went to a bookshop near my hometown, I was surprised to find that I was indifferent to the world of knowledge displayed before me. Probably, because I have thousands of them at home and at the student house, and I have had enough. I giggled to myself when I went to the MPH bookstore recently, because I found that the fact that I have lost my interest in books is not true after all. Thank God, I forgot my purse at the student house when I was loitering in the bookstore otherwise, I would have spent all my money to the last dime on books which I have no guarantee of reading them. I love to read, and I would read just about anything if I am not in a bad mood. I just have the philosophy (another one), that anything and everything gives you knowledge and theoretical skills. I wish to have an ocean-wide range of knowledge and skills and that is why I still buy a lot of books although I don’t have the time to actually read each one page to page.

No comments:

Post a Comment