Friday, February 6, 2009

variety of tales

Just now, Tati, T-rah, Ainin and I went to One Utama to shoot some interviews with the people for our documentary. We chose the topic ‘Generation Gap’ and we chose the issue on fashion to show the generation gap that is happening within our society. I have no experience in interviewing people, and so, I wasn’t really keen on the documentary idea because I am not good in doing something new, especially when it comes to talking to people. Everyone (except me) was very excited that they had headaches when the shooting was over. First, we interviewed a boy, who was wearing punk-style clothes. I was really hoping we could get some exciting information but the boy was very ignorant in issues, even issues regarding what he does best (from what I can see), ..wearing something. We, the aspiring ones, eagerly asked ‘bombastic-seemed’, but understandable and indirectly easy questions to the boy. But when it came his turn to answer the questions, he only answered one word for each question. I wasn’t surprised about his reactions because he clearly wanted to get back to his bowling game.

Early this week, I googled some information on the ‘Half Man, Half Tree’ story on the Discovery website. Have you heard about the it? It is shocking really and I was stunned when I first caught a glimpse of it on the TV. I was curious but I never dared to make some research on it. For two nights I had nightmares about the story. At first, I thought the event is occurring somewhere in South America but when I dreamt that it actually is occurring in a place somewhere near me, I was even more frightened. Later, I found out that the event is actually happening in Indonesia. “Phew, that was close. He won’t come after me if he runs amok.” Anyway, if any of you out there never heard of the story, it would be interesting to know something like that. There is only one man like that on Earth! I really pity him though.

My best friend bought me a key-chain once, which had some details about people who were born on the same date as I was. I still remember some of them. One says, ‘you value the talents of others.’ This is very much true indeed. Wow, I’m impressed. Another one says, ‘you dislike changes.’ Well, it depends whether they’re good or bad. The truth is, I am now slowly realizing that the second quote is actually true. Generally, things in my life are becoming better. So, of course I like the changes. One of the good things is, staying away from your family, and having the opportunity to study because you are not distracted. Now, that is one good change I hate.

I am actually running out of ideas of what I should write in my blog. So, I was tossing and turning on my bed trying to squeeze something out of my brain. Nadira saw me and she said, “Why don’t you write something you enjoy doing or like? Like drawing, or cats?” I don’t think talking about drawing would be interesting because I find that most of my friends here in KBU are very good in arts. Maybe they know more about drawing and stuff. I’m not very good in expressing myself even when I’m talking about my hobby. My friends know that I like to babble and most of the things I was trying to express to them, cannot be well understood. Oh, now I realize something. I am like Waris Dirie. I saw the interview of her about her life and I pitied her for not be able to put her ideas into words. I can see that she was struggling to get some words out of her mouth and arrange them so that others who are listening might be able to feel her feelings. But fear not Waris. I got what you’re trying to say. I am just like you!

I’ll tell a bit of something about my cats. I started to keep a cat when I was five. Before that, my family kept rabbits. Lots of them! They said the bunnies were let out into the garden and all the way to the front porch. They were hopping and scuttling across every patch of ground of our house. But sadly, one night, a couple of big dogs came barging into our yard and killed and ate all of the cute bunnies. None was spared.. Anyway, about my cats, there was once when all of our cats were black. The mommy and the daddy cat were both black, so all of their offsprings were black. The family consisted of seven members and it was quite scary to keep so many witches’ cats in your house at a time. My grandmother was not very fond of cats because she hated all the loosed furs and their poo. When she saw our black cats, instead of whining, she giggled and said, “Ei! They really scare me!” But she giggled alright.

4 comments:

  1. See.. you CAN write~! nguanguangua.. very touched that my name was mentioned.. ^.^

    & WATCHU talking bout, not being talented and all. I think ur VERY talented in drawing missy! Stop being so GEDIK. hahaha.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y only humans of the 'Nadira/Nadhirah' type commented..??
    where are the other more civilised humans??!!
    hahahahaaaaaaaa.........

    no offense, k?
    thanx alot anyway..

    ReplyDelete