Friday, February 27, 2009

cats & chicken

Last Thursday morning, my friends and I went for shopping at Ikea. There was a sale there and the price after the offer was quite alright. My sister was puzzled over what I might be buying at the Ikea sale. Well, nothing much really. Among other things, I bought two soft toys, a hamster for my big sister and long green snake for my little sister. After shopping, T-rah bought half a dozen curry puffs for us all. Each of us had one, leaving some for those at home. When I thought one each was not enough, I bought a dozen myself. I had five for myself and the rest I gave it to my friends. I was full and thought that I had enough but when I saw my friends bought themselves some ice-creams, I want one too. I’ve spent a great deal of money that day but thinking that a day like this is rare, I thought I shouldn’t mind. A rare day that I meant is not a day when you turned shopaholic; it’s a day when you are happy. I was skipping to college, feeling great but when I got home after the class was over, I had a painful headache. I don’t know what I did or what terrible things I ate, but then I thought that this day is not so special after all.

During our English class, there was a discussion on the documentary, ‘Bowling For Columbine’. The one-question-one-person section then turned into a group quiz when Mr. Derick took pity on an unlucky person. The quiz was a fight. I was brainstorming for any possible answers in order to win the game. Maybe that was when I developed my headache. I thought my group can easily win the game because we had Calvin, Ginger, Nick, Su and others. It was a rather tough fight actually, although in the end, we won by far. The other group had Nad, Nana, Song and others who was quietly fighting.

When I was doing my National Service early last year, we did an activity called the ‘Water Confidence’. My close friend was not very fond of water but I begged her to try it. Wading in the water is not difficult but the life jackets we’re wearing were not practical, so we were struggling to stay afloat and not get drowned. I was eager to get into the water because I used to swim a lot but I still had a very hard time with my life jacket. When all of us were in the water, we spread out to different directions. Some went elsewhere themselves while some just let the water floated them to any part of the lake. When my friend was tired struggling in the water, she couldn’t control how her body bobbed about in the water. Eventually, her face went underwater. All of us couldn’t reach to help her so we shouted at the teacher for help who told her not to move while he was on his way to rescue her. It was a tense moment because I was extremely sure that she would be running out of air very soon. When I realized this, I quickly made my way towards her and when I reached her, I quickly turned her body so that she could breathe. She immediately gasped for air when she could. Seconds later, only then did the teacher reached her and pulled her to safety. I was really scared because my other close friend almost drowned during a jamboree when I was 16.

There was one time when my mother’s school staffs were holding a small party at the KFC. Buckets and buckets of fried chicken were bought for the celebration. My sisters and I accompanied my mother to the party, so we also get the chance to stuff ourselves with food. When the party was almost over, there were some extra chickens in the buckets. Many were asking for some more chickens while the four of us kept silent because we were actually waiting for something else. When we thought that everyone might have finished their meal, we went to the counter to ask for several big plastic bags. Then my sisters and I went from table to table to collect chicken bones. It was really peculiar and I think someone was disgusted. But anyway, we did kindly ask before we collect them. STOP! Don’t imagine us gobbling down the bones when we got home! Yucks.. They were for our 12 cats which were starving for some KFC too.

1 comment:

  1. hohoh~ congrats too, amphibian! you did well! am proud of you!no other amphibians are as smart as you... =pp


    lotsa love,
    Nad.

    ReplyDelete