Monday, March 9, 2009

Last Monday, we had our Chemistry Exam. It was terrible. At first, I was quite eager to do it because I thought I am able to answer it quite well. But now, I regret that. I am almost 100% sure that my marks will not be at all enough. Maybe I lacked exercises. There was just enough time to complete the paper, not including checking it. I had half a minute left when I spotted a major error in my calculations. Oh, my GOD!!!! Half a minute is never enough to correct that kind of mistake. What is worse was that, the error occurred at the beginning of the calculations, so I don’t doubt that the steps following the wrong part are all WRONG. At the end of the paper, I was speculating the marks I will be getting for the paper. Thinking about that made me sick all of a sudden. I hope it is not too bad..

Last Friday, we had our Physics class. We were learning the new chapter about magnetic flux. Ms Say tried to make us recall what had we learnt about the chapter from Mr Chee last year. None of us made much response. Ms Say was really worried that the bridging programme we did would be a waste. I don’t know about the others but as I was the lowest achiever last year, I don’t understand much about whatever I was learning. I only kept quiet and only attempted to answer a bit in my heart. This year, I think I am making some differences and I hope I would be making miracles throughout this year so that I could make it through this course successfully.

In my hometown, there are lots and lots of trees on both sides of the road. This might be a typical view in Malaysia but something is different here at my place. Hundreds of flowers bloom on each tree once or twice a year here. The flowers are either white, purple, pink or any combination colours of the three. They are blooming right now, on the tall trees along Jalan Langgar. I’m not sure if other places also have this specialty but I have never seen any more intense flower season in any other place in Malaysia than what it is here. The sight is so spectacular that it reminded me of the cherry blossoms in Japan.

My friends and I are so relieved right now because we have finished our exams and our oral tests. The last two weeks had been a rough time. Although we still have more tests ahead of us, we still feel like it is an independence day for us and we couldn’t explain that feeling. I grabbed this chance of celebration feeling to go home, while my friends had a picnic in a garden near the One Utama complex. I wish I could join them but I longed for home more than anything else.

One Saturday night, my sister and I were rushing for our music practice. My mom cooked some fried rice with eggs and hotdogs, a typical recipe of hers. She cooked a whole large wok of it so, I insisted on not having any yet as there’ll be plenty left when I get back soon. When she persuaded me to have some before I go, I just obeyed. We took some on the way there, in the car. When the practise was over, I was so into mom’s fried rice. Suddenly, we discovered that the wok was almost empty. Very little of the rice was left and the hotdogs were all gone. My mom then figured out it must be the cats’ doing. I cried out so loud because my dinner was gone, that my mom consoled me by giving me a whole new tin of Danish butter cookies. I then scolded my big sister for not covering the wok after she had taken her part of the dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment