Friday, April 24, 2009

you've found me again.. HB!

Today’s my birthday... My feelings are unstable and irregular throughout this whole day. Last night, at 12am, I noticed that my housemates were gone for a while and I knew that they were up to no good. My friends always plot something to surprise a birthday person. Various kinds of plots had been hatched to really surprise the birthday girl off her feet. I was nervous and fretful rather than anxious thinking what was being plotted in order to get my heart stop for a while. I was relieved that they did nothing of the sort to me, instead, they gave me a big birthday kiss all wrapped up in a big red bow. I was a bit indifferent when I ‘opened’ the present. It was a small surprise and I think that everybody noticed that. I’m not sure if they felt guilty but please my friends, if you did, you seriously should not. You should know by now that sometimes my face fails to express my real emotions. Even though it’s not a huge birthday surprise, I loved it. I still do in fact.

It’s the thought that counts. It’s a cliché and it’s true. Just now, birthday songs were sung to me again and again. I was bashful every time they did. It’s not just that, my friends are closer to me today. They smiled lovingly every time we met in the eye. We had dinner together tonight, at Pizza Hut. It was very rare for all of us to go out together. Today, they did it just for me. While we were dining, we met lots of our other friends. We met those from the German class and also some from the Engineering class. I received several cute gifts and a huge meal today. I found out that I have a twin here-Gary! Anyway, nothing obviously extraordinary happened but maybe today is, in a way, very shadowy and unclear. That’s why I am so happy, cheery and warm inside now. If that’s not it, that what else then?

About my changing emotions today, let me sum them up. I was nervous last night, and deeply hoped that nothing weird is plotted for me. Early this morning I was tired and sleepy and a bit grumpy because I hadn’t enough sleep. I was exhilarated during Mr Derick’s class because today he was more than excessively funny, being frank and sarcastic at the same time. Physics class was ok. I am thankful that the test was alright. Before the Chemistry test, I was anxious and frightened because I was sure that the paper will be at least as terrible as before. I was unprepared and during the exam, I was literally stabbed, and impaled till I was dead twice. My mind went blank as if I had just been born. So, what do you guess? The space of my test paper was also been left blank, clean and clear, without the slightest daub, even I have poured countless thoughts all over the page. I was indifferent again after the test because it had gored me lifeless. Azreen was so sad and I was so sorry for her. Hehehe.... I bet you would laugh again if you see how I performed for the paper. Back to the student house, then I nearly cried after thinking a bit too much over it. I slept, exhausted by the coming tears that ain’t coming. I was dead after all. Then, I was awoken by benevolence who tried to summon back my strength. They feed vigour into my soul and I was feisty once again, enjoying what was lying in front of me. I didn’t care if I polluted other people’s tranquillity. What’s important was to make my friends smile by being me again.

3 comments:

  1. hepy bday mia~
    so u like ur present?? :D
    next time i'll wear extra oily lip gloss and use a bigger bow! hahaaa~ =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... Hope we throwed you a good birthday party mia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe... I'm glad there's no next time!
    thank you... hontonyi..

    ReplyDelete