Saturday, June 20, 2009

music and fate II

6th seriously one of the best news of all:

We usually had only our teacher to conduct our small orchestra. But this time, we’re receiving another one! I was told that someone important is going to be present for the show but not that he is going to conduct us! All of us were introduced to Brian Tan, the Resident Conductor of the KLPAC.

We were also told that he is a brilliant musician. He had achieved a great number of accomplishments both locally and internationally. He used to conduct the first violins team in what orchestra, I’m not sure. But I’m sure that is extremely superb! He is conducting us for a few songs out of the 11. It was a wonderful experience to have him taught us a bit about playing good music. I just can’t simply put them to words. Even my facial expressions fail to show how I felt. It was simply great and brilliant. Some of the songs were required to be played at top speeds. I was struggling so hard to catch up. Some songs need lazy and romantic feelings so, we had to play the notes in a ‘sliding’ manner. He was extremely funny in how he expressed himself in order to teach us and to deliver the exact message to us. My stomach hurt so much that if no one was around, I’d be rolling on the ground trying to get over his jokes. We only had less than two days in which we spent time learning with him.

I was quite disappointed that all of us actually had only less than 24 hours time with him. But as I think again, I’m quite thankful for things to be so because this wonderful feeling inside us wouldn’t exist if otherwise, would it?

Overall, I’m so thankful to have learnt music. Not just learning, but learning in a precious way, having my teacher as my teacher and my friends as my friends. I’m also thankful to God who had arranged everything so perfect the timing, I was able to enjoy myself to the limit before officially leaving my music and this way, I’m not that overwhelmed that I’m not able to continue with my studies. I was anticipating myself breaking at this point because this is the point where my real troubles (music as well as other problem) come to meet one another and I would not have the strength to welcome them. But God had fixed one of the problems so meticulously and brilliantly that the other black problems seemed to have faded away slowly together with the first black one.

Thank you God.. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment