Saturday, June 27, 2009

:-Poetry

We had poetry sessions during this whole week. Although I’m not very keen about the idea, I’m actually quite thankful to have been forced to join this poetry session. It might seem that I hate learning poetry with all my might but the truth is, I don’t really do, in fact, I loved poetry once and I would make one or more each day with my best friend. We would write poems and read each others’ and not commenting about it. Instead, we enjoyed each little bits and pieces of the poems that were created by our own wish. I only hate poetry to the point when things are getting extremely excessive for me to handle. That’s why, when it comes to voting the best poetry, I’d choose which seem more natural, maybe I should say ‘more neutral the recitation’. However, I seriously appreciate the talents of those who are able to do emotion acting and other sorts of acting which need a lot of commitment and guts.

The poem called “Something really Something” is the first poem I’ve ever written in 4 years. I took almost one whole day to create that piece. Not only that, I also wasted a lot of time thinking and being stressed over that piece. I had headache as a result of intense thinking and that made all the process even harder and slower. Finally at 1am, I completed it. I admit that it’s not that good at all. It’s very typical but it didn’t disappoint me much because the poem is true. It might sound to be a lot exaggerated but not really actually. I was only telling the story of my real life in other forms of words. ‘If’ you want to know what was I referring the poem to, it’s a cat.

Most of the poems that I ever heard in my entire life are about misery. Yes, all of the pieces are good including those which are created by my friends. They make people feel sad and cry. I admit that that is one of the aspects that make a poem a good one. But I’ve had enough of that in my life. I’ve enough sadness, enough despair and grief. I’m sorry but I can’t take any anymore. Sometimes, I feel that good poems corrode what’s left inside me. I’m not writing anymore.

I understand that billions of people are suffering more than I do. But still, I can’t bear mine. I pray for the others to endure theirs in patience and faith and always be strong.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would tell me what's so painful in ur life right now.. What's going in your mind. But maybe you're just not that kind of person.. Just so you know, I'm always here ( IN FRONT OF YOUR ROOM)if you need a lending ear~

    HAHA padan muka kna buat poem. Send my salutaions to ur smelly bottflies ok.

    ReplyDelete