Saturday, June 20, 2009

music and fate

I went to my former music class this morning to get something from my teacher. There was one boy whom I know practicing on his violin in a half glass-walled room in which also my teacher was in. He was playing a song which my little sister just started to learn. I was surprised to learn that the dexterous boy’s grade is not so far as my quite inept sister’s. She was delighted when she knew this but I said, “your grades don’t matter. Your experience does.” “I’ll be like him in the future,” replied my sis. “How future? I bet it’s VERY future,” I argued. She slanted her eyes to me and said in full of dimmed wickedness, “You? No future..” “... .......... ~_~” “HAHAHAHAAAA!!!” I was taken aback by the truth of the heartless statement. It felt like as if a lightning was literally striking through my heart. I was ripped. TRUE. Isn’t it?

Anyway... I am so so so thankful to God for the reality of the almost hopeless hope I hoped for. In February, my little sis informed me about the music concert my teacher will be holding soon. I was devastated because I knew there’s no way I can join it. Not because someone didn’t let me. It was the timing. About half a month later, I saw our study schedule on my friend’s locker. Then I immediately checked the dates of the show and our study holidays. PERFECT!!! Just Perfect! I’ll go home on the 5th of June – the last day of our mid year’s exams. The shows will be held on the 6th and the 7th June! Wow! There was a glint of hope in me. Two three weeks later, during the weekends, I went home to take my violin here to KL so that I could prepare for the concert. I have my studies to cope up with but I still make way for my music.

That was one good news. This is another one. My sis informed me that this show will be held in an auditorium. Waaa.... Another glint of dream struck me. This means that this show is gonna be a bit grander than before – because the previous concerts were held in a small hall-like hotel dining room.

3rd good news: “Why so many scores?” I asked my sis. “Because.. this is gonna be OUR show. Not the small children’s.” “Are you serious? You mean.. OUR show??” “Uh-huh” Good!! In the previous concerts, there were only few scores which our small symphony orchestra can play because we had to allocate some time for the ‘trivial’ kids to perform their show. (I'm kinda selfish, am I not?) So.. instead of playing only about 5 short songs like before, we’re gonna play 11! Now, that is worth the effort! Plus, the show’s gonna be held for two nights in a row, so that’s the 4th good news.

1st bad news – This arrived not long before the date of the concert. My big sister will not be able to attend the show as she’ll be having this SUKSIS thing of hers. Pity her..because she was also developing some kind of skin disorder that was so irritating.

5th good news: My big sis is gonna make it after all! That SUKSIS event thingy had been cancelled!

2nd bad news: The SUKSIS event was decided to be held on the original date. So, my big sis can’t attend. Again. Let’s just assume that the 5th good news and the 2nd bad news did not exist.

2nd real bad news. On the 5th of June, when I will be on my way home, will be a simple rehearsal for the concert. Oh, I’m sure I’m gonna be pretty exhausted after the 5 1/2-hour journey! I don’t want to go for the practice! “I think you should come. Have pity on teacher, please,” advised my little sis.

5th real good news: “Oh Mia, teacher just cancelled the practice. So we can go have dinner at Pizza Hut with mom and Along,” my sis told me. Thank God.. My big sis is departing the next day. That means that I won’t be able to stay long with my Along.

6th seriously one of the best news of all: ___________

I’ll write in my next post-lah.. ^_^ HEhehehe....

No comments:

Post a Comment